Like the subject says, what's going to happen if this con is forced to cancel because of COVID-19? Will there be refunds or an option to carry the resistration over for next year?
My friend got a confirmation email and I didn't. As an alternative, I was wondering if I could use the printed option to get in.
Hey, I know how you feel! Going to a convention for the first time is both exciting and a bit bewildering. As someone who knows the struggle of finding a place to stay in NYC, let me make a few suggestions, and hopefully, they will help.
1. NYC at night can be a bit dangerous, however, the convention is held in Times Square where a lot of cops are stationed and there are always lights on and people on the streets. So please keep safety in mind when looking for a place to stay.
2. NYC has a whole lot of taxes, meaning that you can find an affordable place to stay but you should expect to pay that same amount over again just in taxes alone, do to 9/11.
3. Hostels are an option, but they do not guarantee safety, privacy, or vacancy.
4. Staying across the river in NJ is always an option, but keep in mind the bus system, and if you plan to stay at the convention all day till it closes at 2 am (most panels at this time are for those over 18 yrs old) study the bus route you would need to take and what time they stop running. (I live right across from Manhattan in NJ, so I know the bus I have to take back home stops running from Port Authority at 1 am).
For info about NJ buses in and out of NYC, go to www.njtransit.com
So those are some things to keep in mind when trying to find a place to stay. Just one last thing on the subject, please keep safety in mind.
As for the cosplay meet-ups, your best bet for info is on the forums. The schedule for the convention usually comes out about 3 wks in advance. You could also always email the convention workers.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Suzanne, I'm 25, and as you read I'm in NJ, I'm also a college student.
I hope you have a wonderful time at Liberty City Anime Con!
I'm doing Nico Yazawa
I'm cosplaying Nico Yazawa from love live. Any other love live ppl?
If anyone is still seeing this, look out for my Kurisu costume from Stein's Gate!
Does anyone know if there will be photoshoots for Marvel, Pokemon, or Miraculous Ladybug?
Hoping for a bunch of 3ds street pass activity.
I've never been to this con so I'm wondering if anyone else is hoping to collect miis / puzzle pieces etc. I'm only going Friday. Any interest in perhaps calling a time and spot for a street pass meetup, or something? We don't even need to actually interact, hahahahaha which is sometimes the beauty of street pass. Comment to note interest.
Anyone interested in doing a group My Hero Academia ? I'll be wearing Todoroki (School Uniform) on Friday
Anyone wanna join me in a My Hero Academia Group? I'll be wearing Todoroki (School Uniform) on Friday
I'm going all three days I'll be cosplaying Todoroki on Friday,Gumi Matryoshka on Saturday and either no cosplay or Rin Tohsaka on Sunday
If you have questions on your registration, you can use the LCAC contact form and it'll put you in touch with someone from Registration.
I am looking to share a table and pay half if anyone is looking!
There are single day tickets available. When you're registering, you'll be asked for a promo code. Use the promo codes below.
From the registration page:
For a one day pass, use a promo code from below.
$40 Friday promo code: FRIDAY
$55 Saturday promo code: SATURDAY
$40 Sunday promo code: SUNDAY
* Get a huge discount by ordering a weekend pass and joining us for multiple days.
You can get a weekend pass cheaper now before they go up so I highly recommend it. The single day passes, don't decrease/increase unlike the weekend passes. So you may want to go with that one instead.
Ah,thanks! We did get an email confirmation after asking so the problem's solved :)